Submitted by mari on Wed, 07/13/2011 - 16:01
NEW! Crossing the Bridge (One-day training - 7 hours)
Prerequisite for taking Crossing the Bridge: Participants must have previously taken and Payne's Navigate Readiness, and used it for at least 2 semesters!
- Appropriate for kindergarden and transitional 1st grade teachers, beginning 1st grade, Special Education teachers and speech-language pathologists.
- Guiding students to cross the bridge from reading readiness to reading. Included in the one-day training are the advanced predictors for reading success:
- Lower case alphabet introduction and reinforcement activities
- Advanced phonological and phonemic awareness activities, including blending and unblending
- Advanced oral language activities leading to early writing, and building sollid handwriting techniques
- Print concepts